The science curriculum at Bell Lane Primary School provides children with a:
- Coherent, sequential knowledge of the scientific disciplines of biology, chemistry and physics.
- Secure, deep understanding of the nature, processes and principles of science through clear instruction and deliberate practice.
- Ability to apply secure, long-term knowledge to make predictions and connections between disciplines, and recognise the uses and implications of science in the wider world.
- Grounding in core disciplinary knowledge, and the ability to systematically approach challenging, scientifically-valid questions through:
- Scientific Attitudes & Planning- asking scientifically relevant scientific questions and designing controlled investigations.
- Measuring & Observing - learning how to use scientific apparatus like rulers and thermometers and making systematic observations.
- Recording & Presenting - setting up data collection tables and presenting this data in a variety of charts and graphs.
- Analysing & Evaluating - interpreting and analysing findings; drawing conclusions and evaluating the reliability of investigations.
- Excitement for science, that inspires a curiosity about natural phenomena and the world around them.