Our Intent for the Curriculum in Key Stage 1 and 2
What pupils will learn, and how the curriculum is sequenced, at Bell Lane.
There are six underlying attributes at the heart of Bell Lane’s curriculum and lessons.
- Lessons and units are knowledge and vocabulary rich so that pupils build on what they already know to develop powerful knowledge.
- Knowledge is sequenced and mapped in a coherent format so that pupils make meaningful connections.
- Our flexible curriculum enables teachers to tailor content to the Bell Lane context.
- Our curriculum is evidence informed through rigorous application of best practice and the science of learning.
- We prioritise creating a diverse curriculum by committing to diversity in teaching and teachers, and the language, texts and media we use, so all pupils feel positively represented.
- Creating an accessible curriculum that addresses the needs of all pupils is achieved to accessibility guidelines and requirements.
Content under development
Bell Lane has developed a sequenced curriculum following the NCTEM recommend sequence of learning and the national curriculum. Staff use a combination of NCETM PD materials and White Rose when planning half-termly and weekly.
Curriculum Maps Whole School Overview
The Purple Mash scheme is used as the basis for the teaching of computing.
Art & Design
Curriculum Barnet locally agreed syllabus
Curriculum Whole School Overview
A specialist music teacher provides music lessons across the school.
Outdoor units are taught by coaches from Non Stop Action. Class teachers teach the indoor units.